Was my warrant dismissed if I was not arrested? 9 Answers as of August 18, 2011

I have a warrant for a failure to appear on a minor in possession of alcohol in one county and was stopped in another. for illegal left turn and cited the officer never mentioned the warrant but because it is there and I was not arrested and waiting for them to expedite or cut me loose. Does this dismiss the warrant or is it pick and choose who when and where when it comes to a warrant?

No. The warrant is still likely outstanding. They just forgot about it.
Lowenstein Law Office
Lowenstein Law Office | Anthony Lowenstein
Not if you had a notice / promise to appear. For more information, please see my website.
The warrant may not have show up in the officer's computer as it is a different jurisdiction. The warrant is still active. Set a court appearance or hire an attorney to assist you.
The Law Offices of Gabriel Dorman
The Law Offices of Gabriel Dorman | Gabriel Dorman
No. Your warrant is still there and needs to be taken care of ASAP. Had you been stopped in the same county in which your warrant was issued, there is a good chance you would have been arrested. However, because you were stopped in a different county they are not going to arrest on a minor in possession warrant and have to deal with transferring you into the custody of another county.
No the warrant is still there the officers just did not see it or chose not to arrest you on it.
    The English Law Firm
    The English Law Firm | Robert English
    The warrant is probably still out there. They may have missed it. You can also be cited out on a warrant if the bail amount is low enough.
    No the warrant is not dismissed (a warrant can only be quashed or recalled, never dismissed). Even if you were in the same county that the warrant was issued, it is still the officer's discretion whether to exercise it. The warrant remains.
    Law Office of Andrew Roberts
    Law Office of Andrew Roberts | Andrew Stephen Roberts
    Your warrant was no dismissed. You got very lucky. You should deal with the existing warrant by retaining an attorney ASAP.
    Warrants are forever. To handle a warrant, you must turn yourself into the court, with or without an attorney, and try to negotiate a recall of the warrant and a plea bargain on the new Failure to Appear charge, and negotiate any outstanding charges that caused the warrant. Doing so voluntarily will result in a better outcome than being brought in cuffs to court after arrest on the warrant. If serious about hiring counsel to help you in this, and if this is in SoCal courts, feel free to contact me.