Was it the states fault if the police arrived in the crime scene after 10 minutes? 6 Answers as of March 31, 2013

My boyfriend was shot. The police came after 10 minutes. They didn’t do anything to him. I didn’t know he was dead for two hours already. When I sat by his side, he was still alive. Was it the states fault that the police arrive after two minutes?

Furlong & Drewniak PLLC
Furlong & Drewniak PLLC | Thaddeus Furlong, Esq.
There is no "two minute" rule in response times. The family of your boyfriend may have a civil case against the county that was supposed to respond, but not criminal.
No 10 minutes is still pretty fast.
This is not my area of expertise. You should consult an attorney ( probably a Civil Rights attorney ) familiar with this type of situation.
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer | Cynthia Henley
Unfortunately there is no recovery from the police as they did not shoot him and it would probably be very, very difficult to prove the delay contributed to the death (because it clearly did not cause it.)
Doubtful. There are many factors that must be considered location of the shooting, time of day, the location of the closest officer capable of responding. You also say that when the police did arrive, "they did not do anything". They may not have been medically qualified to do anything, or, there was nothing they could do, based upon the severity of the injury.
    Who shot your boyfriend? That is the person responsible for his death, NOT the slow responding police.