Was it legal for me to be put on a health care plan without my knowledge? 2 Answers as of January 24, 2011

I just found out that I was put on and have been on someone's group plan health care insurance through their employer that: a. this person didn't know I was on their plan b. I did NOT authorize c. I don't even qualify for in the first place Now I am having trouble getting the health care that I need. The insurance is through Kaiser. Kaiser and the administrator of the group plan of the employer refuse to cancel me without the employee who it was through authorizing it, but I have no contact with this person. What's the legality in regards to this?

Hire an attorney to write a letter to Kaiser.
The Pedigo Law Corporation
The Pedigo Law Corporation | Brian T. Pedigo, Esq.
Your legal issue will have to be dealt with on two fronts: 1) the legal issues involved with the person who put you on a plan without your consent, and 2) the legal issues involved with Kaiser refusing to take you off; At first blush it doesn't appear to cause you any damage, but you mention that you cannot get the health care that you need.

I do not know what jurisdiction you are from but you should consult with a local lawyer on these issues to get timely resolution.