Was I legally terminated from my job? Posted on July 29, 2011

While at work I asked a police officer if he would be able to move his car so that our clients/customers would be able to park in our lot(he was blocking the entrance and exit.) He informed me he was conducting police business and would be unable to grant my request. He asked if the manager was available and I informed him he was not working at this particular time. Our conversation then ended and I returned to work and contacted our corporate office to inform them of what happened. Roughly two months later I received this letter. "I regret to inform you,that at the end of your hours worked today,you are hereby no longer in our employment. Your identification of yourself as a "manager" to the police was beyond my tolerance. I was embarrassed to receive an unsolicited phone call from the policemen involved." Any funds and profit sharing due to you will be sent next week. Do I have recourse with my employer or my local police department?