How can I get the warrant dismissed? 3 Answers as of February 15, 2012

A Few Months ago I was in the throws of a Messy business break up. Where I was taken the partners of the LLC to court. Anyway a check was written and bounced. The person who the check was written to went and filed at the office. I got the letter with every means of fighting it. I don't mind paying the check at all. But from all I understand about bad checks, you cant not criminal prosecute on a check that you are asked to hold which I did. Your are not allowed to prosecute if the check is payment on an account. I have proof of what I am saying. So I found some papers today getting ready for taxes and found the letter from the mag, and it gave me 10days to pay or a arrest warrant would be issued. I don't mind paying the check at all but I want the warrant gone and the extra 100.00 they tacked on to the bill I will pay the amount of the check plus the return fee.

VANJOHNSON LAW FIRM, LLC
VANJOHNSON LAW FIRM, LLC | Anthony Overton Van Johnson
Under Georgia law, once you receive a bad check, you are required to send a certified letter to the check issuer notifying them of the returned check and giving them ten (10) days to make good on the check, plus the bank charges before you can pursue criminal action against the check issuer. If the issuer of the check does not pay the funds within ten (10) days, then you can obtain a criminal warrant for "deposit account fraud". Once the warrant is issued, the recipient of the check can have the warrant dismissed upon receipt of payment. Otherwise, once the issuer of the check is arrested for deposit account fraud, the prosecuting authorities will take the case from there, and the recipient of the check becomes a witness for the state/victim.
H. Scott Basham, Attorney at Law, P.C. | H. Scott Basham
You need to talk to the person to whom the check was written and work this out. It's not enough money involved for a lawyer to be needed at this point.
Since you have not paid, you should expect that there is a warrant for your arrest. I don't know of any way to make the warrant go away without your being arrested. So, now you get to be arrested, pay a bond, and repay the original amount on the check. Or you get to retain an attorney (i.e. money), who will try and get the warrant recalled, and repay the check. You seem to be a less than brillant business person. Good luck.