Waht can I do if my roommate moved out and refuses to pay rent while his name is still on the lease? Posted on July 15, 2011

My Roommate has moved out, and may stop paying his end of the rent. Utilities are in my name, but he is on the lease. What is the most beneficial thing I can do legally if compromise does not work? My father co-signed with me and plans to sue. I've read that I must lose money first and prove that he refused to pay. Is that true? I plan to send a letter of demand that he pay first, then take him to court but he also lied about his residence. I believe I know what it is but it's a gated community and I can't ask the office to disclose his residence information.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: