They want to come take it back after all our work, trade but they are not offering to pay us back or give back our toolbox. Can they do this to us? 7 Answers as of January 21, 2013

My fiancé’s grandmother gave him a camper in trade for an expensive toolbox. We put $300 worth of carpet in it. We have also had it in our possession for over a year. It is our only home. Without it, we will be on the streets.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Timothy J. Thill P.C.
Timothy J. Thill P.C. | Timothy J. Thill
You could sue in small claims court without representation by a lawyer.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 1/21/2013
Michael Breczinski
Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
No he owns it and if they did not give him the title then he should sue them for it.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 1/21/2013
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
Is there any paperwork, a title. You will need to sort this out or perhaps go to court. You need the title to the camper in your name. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 1/21/2013
Amber Lunsford, Attorney at Law | Amber Lunsford
You need to speak with an attorney in a private and confidential setting. Contact your local legal aid office if you cannot afford one. Generally speaking, transactions like this should be done with a writing. However, you have competing legal issues that may balance it out in your favor. However, to give you a thorough and complete answer, an attorney needs to have a more detailed conversation with you.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/21/2013
Correia-Champa & Mailhot
Correia-Champa & Mailhot | Susan Correia Champa
You would need to file a civil suit.
Answer Applies to: Massachusetts
Replied: 1/21/2013
Click to View More Answers: