The policer officer lied and I was charged, what can I do? 3 Answers as of March 05, 2012

I was pulled over for driving without an I.D., and then the cop found an empty baggie in my pocket while I was standing outside my car. After I arrived at the jail I went in restroom to be searched. When I walked out the officer said I was going to be charged with taking a controlled substance in a correctional facility. I did not have any kind of drugs on me when I was pulled over. He also lied about me taking that bag in with me. He reached in my pocket and got it when I was standing on the street. He has recently been fired from the P.D. I did not have any drugs on me when I was pulled over. What can I do?

Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer | Cynthia Henley
This is a serious charge and you must hire a lawyer. There may be video footage of the booking that may help you but it needs to be preserved.
Law Offices of Kenneth Wincorn P.C.
Law Offices of Kenneth Wincorn P.C. | Kenneth Wincorn
The case needs to be tried to a judge or jury. You should hire an attorney as you have a good case.
Hire a lawyer and exercise your right to remain silent. These are great facts, give them to your defense lawyer and do not speak to any police officer, investigator, or DA about this. Hire a lawyer to handle this now while the officer is unemployed and "fired" and before he can land another police officer job.