The judge wants to put my son in prison for 10 years on his first violation probation. Can he do that? 8 Answers as of August 16, 2013

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Law Offices of Angela L. W
The Law Offices of Angela L. W | Angela Walker
Only if he has been arrested for a new charge while on probation.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 8/16/2013
Michael Breczinski
Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
Yes if the underlying charge allows it and the violation was bad.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 8/16/2013
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
Yes, depending on the underlying crime that he was convicted of.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/16/2013
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq. | John J. Carney
You can get whatever the original sentence carried on a violation of probation. Retain a good criminal lawyer to handle the case.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 8/15/2013
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
If your son has 10 years left on probation, the judge most certainly can.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 8/15/2013
    Gates' Law, PLLC | Thomas E. Gates
    If that is within the sentencing guidelines, then yes, he can do that.
    Answer Applies to: Washington
    Replied: 8/15/2013
    Kevin H Pate
    Kevin H Pate | Kevin H Pate
    If the sentence he is on probation from is of ten years duration or longer, yes that is possible upon a finding the terms and conditions of probation have been violated. If your son does not already have counsel, he certainly needs counsel.
    Answer Applies to: Oklahoma
    Replied: 8/15/2013
    Attorney at Law
    Attorney at Law | Michael J. Kennedy
    Depends on the conviction and the violation.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 8/15/2013
Click to View More Answers: