the fastest way i can bring my boyfriend here in US 9 Answers as of December 21, 2010

I am a green card holder and will be applying for my citizenship this 2013. But I want to know what is the fastest way I can bring my boyfriend here. Should I wait for my citizenship or should we get marry in the Philippines and then petition him after our wedding?

The fastest way to proceed is to marry now in the Philippines, petition for your by-then husband as the spouse of an LPR, and then have him as a 2A priority preference, which presently has a 3 year wait, but could shorten, after which time he can apply for adjustment of status, which will take 6-9 months. There are other options, but they involve him either coming illegally, or coming with a legal travel visa and overstay, during which you can petition and then apply for adjustment of status when his number comes up. However, if he is able to qualify as a student visa, he could come and then marry and apply later, or if he has family here in the USA they could initially sponsor him, depending on whether he is under 21. If not, then either the student option is available or the marry and wait option is what you should employ. If you wish to discuss the case further, please feel free to call or e-mail to set up an in-person or phone consultation. Best to you and your intended.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A. | Carlos Sandoval
You should get married and file for him sas a resident.
Messing Law Offices, P.L.C.
Messing Law Offices, P.L.C. | John Messing
As a green card holder, you can file for your boyfriend now as a permanent resident and change the application later after you become a citizen to an immediate relative petition if he is still waiting for a visa then. That will permit you to take advantage both of filing now and reducing the wait to minimum if you don't get a visa for him as a permanent resident and before you become a citizen.

According to the State Department Monthly visa bulletin, currently there is approximately a four month wait for a visa to become current for Filipino applicants. Assuming past is prologue you could have him in the U.S. within a year even as a permanent resident if you start now, including the four month wait for a visa to issue.
If you do not have a signed retainer with us, there is no attorney client relationship, no confidentiality of communication, and we cannot be responsible for your case. This email is informational only. No electronic signature is intended or should be implied.
Naziri Hanassab LLP
Naziri Hanassab LLP | Vahid Naziri
Either apply for a fiance visa and bring him here or get married and apply for a green card for him.
Fletcher, Tilton & Whipple, PC
Fletcher, Tilton & Whipple, PC | Kirk A. Carter
Your best bet is to get married now in the Philippines and file a Second Preference Family Based Petition. While the waiting list in this category had been 3 to 5 years long in the past, the waiting list as of December 2010 is only a few months long. How long this will be the case remains to be seen, but if the wait goes back to being a year or two long you can always upgrade your case when and if you become a US citizen, and if you don't become a US citizen for some reason, your boyfriend has a place in line and will be processed when he gets to the front of the line.
    Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
    Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
    Right now, the processing is quite fast for spouses of green card holders. Get married, then file a family petition for your sweetheart. Good luck.
    Law Offices of Daniel Richardson
    Law Offices of Daniel Richardson | Daniel R. Richardson
    I just looked at this month's visa bulletin at www.state.gov and it appears the fastest route would be to get married and then petition him as a permanent resident.
    441 Legal Group, Inc.
    441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
    Get married in the Philippines and then file for him that will be quicker.
    As a green card holder, you have privilege to bring spouse to USA. So if you marry your boyfriend, you may bring him over. However, when you petition for him as your spouse, you bear the burden to prove the bona fides of the relationship. You should retain a lawyer to do it if you want to avoid expensive mistake.