sponsor mi husband 4 Answers as of May 03, 2011

I am a single mother of 6 kids 3 of the 6 kids are disable and receive SSI. I am currently looking for work I am buying my house. Could I sponsor my husband so he can live here in the USA he is from Dominican Republic my kids are all minors

The short answer is yes you can if you are a USC and he came with a visa . . . as long as your marriage is a good faith marriage. Also, you may need a joint-sponsor if you do not make enough money to support a family of 8 per the US government Poverty Guidelines. If this is high on your importance list, a good attorney can make all this very smooth for you. Good luck!
If you can't find a co-sponsor, it would be hard for him to obtain an immigrant visa.
If you are married you are no longer single. In that case you may certainly sponsor him with a petition. If you want to know more, and obtain the help of an attorney, please feel free to give me a call or e-mail to set an appointment for a consultation, either in person or by phone.
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
If you are an American citizen, start with filing the family petition. It takes about 6 months for the petition to be approved. By the time it is approved, you should hopefully have a job and it will be time to start the consular processing process. You will need your paystubs for the affidavit of support. Good luck.