Someone has posted very defamatory comments about me online, how do I proceed with legal action? 2 Answers as of August 02, 2010

I have had someone who has posted VERY defamatory (and untrue) personal comments about me online. This has hurt my business and standing socially. The site will not remove the comments and I want to fully go after the person that is responsible. What steps do I take?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Nelson & Lawless
Nelson & Lawless | Terry Nelson
You sue. That is, if you can identify the person and where he is so that he can be named in the suit and served with the papers, and if you can prove the statements are false, and if you can prove actual damages under the law. If yes to all that, and if this would be in Southern California courts, and if you are serious about pursuing it, feel free to contact me to discuss.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/2/2010
Click to View More Answers: