So with her being uninsured, can she still sue and will she get in trouble for not having insurance? 3 Answers as of January 14, 2017

My friend’s mom was hit head on by a driver who had a seizure while driving. It was his dad’s car. My friend’s mom has been in hospital for two weeks now and has a long road to go. She was uninsured. The man who hit her is fully responsible to me.

Under Michigan law, if you knowingly drive an uninsured vehicle, you are barred from making a claim, even if you are not at fault. Further, your friend's dad is legally responsible for her medical bills.
I'm not completely sure of the facts, but if someone is driving their own uninsured vehicle and gets in an accident, they cannot sue anyone and instead they themselves will be sued for all damages paid out by any insurer, collision and medical. They should consult an attorney asap.
Downriver Injury and Auto Law | Michael Heilmann
Anyone can sue if the pay the filing fee. The insurance will pay the lawyer and the judgment to the limit of insurance. Without insurance a driver is limited to the damages he or she can collect. No Fault requires you to be insured in order to get medical care paid if you are the driver.