So that we don't spend a long time in processes, can I petition all four of them at once, and how likely is it that they will be approved? 2 Answers as of April 23, 2015

I am currently 15 and at 21, I will be petitioning for my parents to receive the permanent residency. They both have work class permits (TPS). They have been here for roughly 20 years. My two siblings are 29 and 25. They both have work class permits as well (TPS). They've roughly been here for about 15 to 16 years. I read something about an income. I heard that you need to make a certain income to support the ones you petition for. Does that not apply in my case due to their TPS's.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
The requirement against becoming a public charge still applies to you regardless of the status and that of your relatives have. You should look into the form I-864P in order to find out the income requirements for the 4 family members that you are planning on petitioning into the United States.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/23/2015
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C.
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C. | David Nabow Soloway
A U.S. citizen aged 21 or older may petition for his/her parents, who entered the U.S. lawfully and with inspection, to adjust status in the Immediate Relative visa category to become Lawful Permanent Residents (to get "Green Cards"). There is no backlog for visas in this category, and when the application process is properly handled and fully documented, the process will not take very long - the USCIS's Atlanta Field Office, handling cases throughout Alabama and Georgia, now is taking approximately 7 months to adjudicate these cases. It will be necessary for the U.S. citizen petitioner to file Affidavits of Support for each parent, and to provide supporting evidence proving that he/she earns sufficient income for the relevant family size (including the beneficiary parents). This is true regardless of whether the parents have TPS status now. If the citizen does not have sufficient documentable income, it will become necessary to have a "joint sponsor." The joint sponsor generally can be any U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident who has sufficient documentable income and who is willing to assume the responsibilities specified in the Affidavit of Support. A U.S. citizen also may petition for siblings, but this must be done in the Family-Based Fourth Preference visa category, for which there is a VERY long backlog for visas. Although the Visa Bulletin may appear to show that the wait is shorter, one actually can anticipate a wait of 15 - 20 years or even longer, and so this rarely is a very satisfactory immigration-related strategy. It would be wise to engage an immigration attorney not only for representation in the application process for parents, but also to explore whether there may be other options for the siblings.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 4/23/2015
Click to View More Answers: