Since my probation is over, can the court revoke my case and extend the probation or can the victim file a civil judgment against me? 1 Answers as of June 19, 2014

I was indicted for taking $17,000 from my previous job. I was ordered to pay restitution back to the victim and also 5 year probation. I paid almost $7,000 back to the victim but I lost my job and could not continue to pay off the remaining balance to the courts/victim. I was discharged from probation last month and I’ve completed my 5 year probation. I picked up the letter at the probation office and they did not mention anything relating to the open balance.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Richard Southard
Law Office of Richard Southard | Richard C Southard
Yes. You have not completed the complete terms of your punishment as restitution has not been completed. You can be re-sentenced up to the maximum allowed on the charge you pleaded guilty to
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 6/19/2014
Click to View More Answers: