Since I am out of status now - do I need to ask for consular processing or UCSIS will default give me consular processing? 3 Answers as of August 22, 2013

My L1B visa expired on November 2012 and i-94 expired in June 2013. We have applied for L1B extension in May 2013. My H1B is also in process now (with COS) and got RFE for change of status asking evidence for valid status from June to October 2013. I have L1B visa extension receipt.

Havens & Lichtenberg PLLC
Havens & Lichtenberg PLLC | Michael Lichtenberg
You are not out of status - until your extension application gets denied. If USCIS approves the extension, you will be in status for the entire period covered by the extension. If the extension gets denied, you will be deemed out of status since the date your original I-94 expired. Unless the outcome of this process is so trifle to you that you won't bother, get an attorney. Otherwise, reply to the RFE with a copy of the L-status extension filing receipt - and pray.
Alena Shautsova
Alena Shautsova | Alena Shautsova
You should meet with an attorney ASAP. It's hard to say, but Looks like you need to leave the country.
Law Office of Eric Fisher | Eric Fisher
You need to consult with an immigration attorney if you are not already working with one for the H1B visa.