Should you have to be present for the hearing in small claims court? 17 Answers as of May 26, 2015

I recently moved to one state but I have a billing issue in another state and would like to sue someone in small claims court there. It is a long story, and I just want to know whether I will have to go back for the court hearing. Can I do it remotely?

How can you present your case if you are not there?
Check with the clerk of court in the county where the small claims action will be started. Some courts permit appearance by telephone for these things; others do not. You will probably be directed to ask the judicial officer to whom the case is assigned. Good Luck.
You would have to check with the Court in the other state, but my guess is that you would have to be there. Good luck.
Most small claims courts insist that the parties be present if they are going to proceed with the case.
Utah Injury Lawyer
Utah Injury Lawyer | Will Rodgers
You can appear remotely by telephone or video conference; however, the remote appearance is usually required to be approved before the hearing. Otherwise, you have to appear in person. So, ask and get the court to approve a remote appearance well before the hearing date and do not miss it.