Should we marry this week of March 30th 2015 while she is here or wait till she returns to China and obtain fiancé visa? 2 Answers as of April 01, 2015

My fiancé, a Chinese national, is here on her second visit. She has to leave next week back to China. We filed for marriage application but have not executed since now we are hearing that it is better to obtain a fiancé visa. She is currently filling out an application with the Veterans Administration Hospital for an MD position however that may take couple of months. We are going into the second year of our relationship. We do wish to marry and at the same time we do not desire to be separated for months at a time. Our story is a true "love story".

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Coane and Associates
Coane and Associates | Bruce Coane
If you're a USA citizen, you could marry now, and have her stay till you can get her a travel document and file for green card here. I can't imagine why anyone would advise to try to get a fiance visa. That can easily take a year.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 4/1/2015
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
If you are a US citizen and she is here legally, then you can marry her and process her green card here. However, you seem confused about the process, as you should be, and I strongly recommend that you hire an attorney to handle this aspect of your life for you. If it is important at all, then get a professional to do this for you. Otherwise you will mess it up perhaps beyond repair. I can tell you the process can be straightforward if it is not unnecessarily complicated.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/1/2015
Click to View More Answers: