Should we mail all these without the filing fees a few days before my husband's I-94 expiration and then send the fees later? 3 Answers as of September 11, 2014

My husband and I have completed gathering the requirements for our I-130 and I-485, except for the filing fees ($1070 & $420). We got married a few weeks ago. My husband is on a visitor visa and his I-94 expires soon. Problem is, I'm still having a hard time with our immigration fees. I'm likely to get this money I'm expecting right on the day of his I-94's expiration. Is USCIS strict with the deadline? Thanks for your advice in advance.

Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law | Theresa E. Tilton
No, you should wait until you can pay the fees to submit your applications. Without the fees, you will actually be delaying matters, because USCIS will not take any action at all, except to return your unpaid applications to you.
Morales & O'Connor, PLLC
Morales & O'Connor, PLLC | Myron Morales
You should always try to avoid an overstay. On the other hand, since he married a U.S. citizen, any time that he overstayed should be forgiven upon approval of the I-485.
You should not send the forms to USCIS without the fee.