Should we get remarried to make it valid? 3 Answers as of June 21, 2011

My wife was still married when we got married in the state of Virginia. She was able to finish her divorce 4 years later. Virginia has void ab initio marriage for such cases. Should we get remarried now that our first marriage never existed and do I need any annulments done? It's been 6 years since we got married. We currently live in the state of California.

You could get married to make it valid. I know of many clients in your situation that have remarried.
You need to remarry your wife under those circumstances. There is no need to file to annul your marriage before remarrying her. Don't forget to get a marriage license, first.
Law Office of Patricia Van Haren
Law Office of Patricia Van Haren | Patricia Van Haren
Your marriage is not valid since your wife was married to someone else when you got married. Yes, you should get remarried since your marriage was not legal. If no marriage certificate was filed, an annulment is not necessary. You may wish to seek a Virginia attorney to determine whether the marriage should be annulled.