Should we file 1-601 waiver of inadmissibility before he leaves the country? 2 Answers as of September 30, 2014

I have been married to husband for over 19 years and we have two American children together. I became a US citizen 3 years ago and filed for 1-30 for my husband. It was approved. The visa has to be picked up from my country but the issue is that, he has been in removal proceedings because he came in to the country illegally. My husband attended university in US and he is a professional. He worked here for the past 19 years and never committed any crime except coming to US illegally. I am afraid he might get stock over and this will affect my children and I, tremendously. We have spent so much for lawyers. Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Linda Rose Fessler | Linda Fessler
Well, no matter what, he has to leave and hope for the best.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/30/2014
Law Office of Josue S Villanueva
Law Office of Josue S Villanueva | Josue Villanueva
I am assuming your husband entered the US without inspection. Has there been any immigrant petition or labor certification filed for him or his parents before April 30, 2001? If not, he may apply for a provisional waiver of the 3-10 year before leaving for the visa interview.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/30/2014
Click to View More Answers: