Should we be hiring our son a attorney in a restraining order case? 3 Answers as of April 20, 2015

My son’s girlfriend recently filed a restraining order against him. She claims that they got in an argument that became physical and claims that he has been calling and harassing her. This is all very questionable. Since my son lives at home with us, is there anything that we need to be aware of? Is it a good idea to hire an attorney in a restraining order case? We live in Los Angeles County.

These are usually "he said/she said" types of cases, but a good attorney who can ask the right questions won't hurt.
Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC
Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC | Martina A. Vigil
Absolutely you need to hire an attorney. A restraining order will be very hurtful for him. He will be prohibited from possessing firearms and he will be entered into CLETS.
Absolutely, because he's one step away from getting charged with domestic violence, which has life-long consequences.