Should my son's father pay child support until he graduates from high school even if he is 18? 2 Answers as of August 20, 2015

I was under the impression that that was the law but my son's father refuses to pay me. I would also like to know if I can get back support for having to pay 100% of my son's healthcare from the age of 2 until now. He is 18 and a senior in high school.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock | Arlene D. Kock
Unless otherwise arranged by court order,The obligation to pay child support continues past the age of 18 and up to the age of 19 if the child is in high school full-time. I review of these support and medical expense arrears in an office consultation would be the best way to determine how to address these problems.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/20/2015
The Law Offices of Tres A. Porter | Tres A. Porter
Generally, most orders for support will specify until age 18 or until 19 if still enrolled in high school. Going back 16 years on healthcare is extremely unlikely. You would need to document that the receipts and demands for payment were made within a reasonable time. 16 years is not reasonable.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/20/2015
Click to View More Answers: