Should my friend file her own lawsuit against the medical company? Posted on April 06, 2011

A friend in TN had hernia surgery 4 years ago using Alloderm from Lifecell, a company in NJ. This company is defendant in many lawsuits concerning Alloderm. She has struggled and still struggles with basically every possible side effect. (MRSA, additional surgeries for irrigation of wound from that, abcessing, various others, failure of mesh to keep hernias under control is actually the least of her worries.) She needs to know if she needs a TN lawyer, a NJ lawyer, both, or other. She might like to hire her own separate attorney rather than using one in a class action suit, as her case is unique as to its severity and length of time suffering. I would appreciate any advice, information, suggestions, lawyer/firm referrals, etc.