Should my fiance and I move up our wedding date since she is only on DACA? 2 Answers as of March 01, 2017

My fiancé has been in the US since he was three on an expired travel visa. Since then, he received DACA at the age of 18 and has been on DACA since then. He renewed his DACA status and work authorization this November. We got engaged after Thanksgiving with intentions of a 2019 wedding. However, the political climate has been having us think about moving our wedding up to this month to make sure nothing happens to him. Are we jumping the gun or should we feel comfortable planning for 2019?

This is a question that is hard to answer, since the immigration scene is changing on a daily basis. Although DACA is still in effect and most likely will be for a while, there is no guarantee as to how long DACA will last under the present administration.
The Law Office Kevin L. Dixler
The Law Office Kevin L. Dixler | Kevin Lawrence Dixler
You have a right to choose when to get married as long as you enter the marriage because you are in love with each other. There may be other issues, but this is unclear. I strongly recommend an appointment with a competent and experienced immigration attorney in case there are other challenges. Good luck. The above is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.