Should the lack of money keep me separated from my devoted foreign wife forever? 2 Answers as of September 08, 2014

I'm a retiree living on my SSR income. In the middle of 2013 I left the United States to retire in allegedly less expensive Philippines and had also married there. Then, however, I have contracted the tough strength of Amoeba and in following two months had burned nearly all my savings in Philippine clinics and hospital. Fearing of possible complications, and of other possible infections steaming from challenging Philippine environment, I have returned back to the United States. Returning back to Philippines become prohibitive due to my medical problems variated by Amoeba, so I had filed here the I-130 Petition for my wife's visa and the petition was approved. However, I don't have anybody who would be formally co-sponsoring my wife, and neither my income nor my nearly drained savings could satisfy the requirements spelled out in the Affidavit of Support rules. My wife has had repeatedly proved to be a decent, reliable, and hardworking woman that could be an asset for this country and is ready to start working in the United States right after she would be admitted here. Her dream is to eventually start her own business, and I'm ready to help her in both. But the income requirements seem to be strict and it propels to asking the question. Is there any way to go around, or we should be prevented to reunite just because I don't have a co-sponsor and couldn't produce the proof of required assets or income?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Linda Rose Fessler | Linda Fessler
No. You have to be able to show them that you can support her.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/8/2014
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal | Alexander Segal
Your wife will not be issued an immigrant visa unless you can meet the affidavit of support requirements.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 9/8/2014
Click to View More Answers: