Should I wait and see the outcome of my case with my dad or should I marry and have my boyfriend fix my documents? 1 Answers as of September 13, 2017

I entered the US illegally when I was 5. Now, I am 20. My dad has been trying to fix my papers for the past 2 years. I only have a work permit through him and DACA. Also, my boyfriend is in the military and wants to get married. He says that he can fix my documents. What would be the better thing to do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Rivas-Rivera Law Offices
Rivas-Rivera Law Offices | Juan Ramon Rivas-Rivera
I would strongly recommend for you to adjust your status through marriage with your boyfriend. And, since he is a member of the armed forces, you may able to adjust here in the U.S. through the Parole in Place program (PIP). This is a program exclusively designed for closed relatives of armed forces personnel. If the PIP is granted your then husband will be able to file a petition on your behalf and you will be able to file your applications to adjust and for the employment authorization documents, all at the same time. But most importantly, you won't have to leave the U.S. at any moment. You may want to get started right away, even before you get married, with the gathering of documents and information needed for all processing. Hope this helps.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 9/13/2017
Click to View More Answers: