Should I turn myself in if there is an FTA for me out? 1 Answers as of June 17, 2011

I went to get my licenses and they said I had an fta from 2001 in Shelby County. I called and nobody can find it what will happen. Should I just turn myself in?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Richard Williams
Law Office of Richard Williams | Richard Williams
An FTA means you failed to appear for court somewhere in Shelby County. You may turn yourself in and you would likely be granted bond and be released with a new court date. If not granted bond you will be held in jail until the date this matter is set for trial or disposition in court. An attorney may be able to find out what the charge is all about and it may be resolved in abstentia if the charge is a relative minor charge or the warrant may be recalled and set for disposition.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 6/17/2011
Click to View More Answers: