Should I turn myself in for a failure to appear for a 3rd DUI that's been putting off for trail since 2011 while I try to finish my dual major? 7 Answers as of March 04, 2014

My last DUI was 2005.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Michael Breczinski
Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
Yes you should get a lawyer and turn yourself in.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 3/4/2014
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
Either turn yourself in, or wait for them to catch you.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 3/3/2014
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
You should hire a lawyer to go to court to recall the warrant. A lawyer can do this without you present, so it is less risky for you. A bondsman should also accompany the lawyer just in case.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/27/2014
Hudson Bair | Hudson Bair
If your case has been pending since 2011 and you have an outstanding warrant, you should contact a DUI defense attorney to handle the bench warrant recall and defend your case. You are looking at a statutory minimum of 120 days and possibly more in many California counties. If you disappeared after setting your case for trial you should reconnect with your lawyer and see what he/she can do now that so much time has passed since the case was set for trial.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/27/2014
Law Office of Edward J. Blum
Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
If you are ready to deal with it you should appear. Be advised in LA things have gotten more serious and you should show up with a lawyer and bail agent.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/27/2014
Click to View More Answers:

Need more information on drunk driving law? Visit our free DUI resource page to learn more.

If you need immediate assistance, fill out a free case evaluation form to connect with a DUI lawyer in your area today!