Should I try to dispute the charge with my bank if paid DMD for retainers, have not received them and office keeps dodging? 3 Answers as of August 05, 2015

I paid a little over $2500.00 to a dentist for retainers in March of this year. I was to receive them in May, yet still have not. I have been calling the office since June, and each time the office manager tells me she will call me back, which she has never done. Each week I call back and there is another excuse with the promise to call me back. Last week, I told her that I would like a refund, faxed her a copy of my receipt, and once again she said she would call me back, which she did not do. Is there a board I can report the dentist to? Should I sue?

Law Offices of Richard M. Levy P.C.
Law Offices of Richard M. Levy P.C. | Richard M. Levy
Yes, you can report him to the NYS Dental Assoc. and sue him in small claims court.
Sounds like weekly phone calls did no good. Take them to small claims. One you file the suit papers, I'll bet the retaienrs show up pretty fast.
SHAHRIAR KASHANIAN | SHAHRIAR KASHANIAN
If you had paid by credit card you would have been to initiate a charge back. Write a certified letter to the dentist indicating the terms of the contract and the number of times you have called without a response. Warn him that you are going to report him to the better business bureau, write a truthful bad review on the internet and not only sue him for the amount already paid but for interest and the pain and suffering you have gone through for not having your retainer. Provide him with two weeks to resolve the issue. Also warn him that you will report him to the State Dental Board as well as the Attorney General's Office. I am sure this will get his attention.