Should I talk to them if a car that I rented was used in the commission of a crime? 2 Answers as of November 06, 2017

I rented a car twice for a friend because she told me her car was in the shop and needed a car to get back and forth to work. I learned later after the 2nd car was impounded by the police that both cars were used while committing a crime. I had absolutely nothing to do with these crimes. I have learned she has a criminal record. My insurance is being billed for the damages to the 2nd car and detectives showed up at my house to question me.

If you are only a witness and feel comfortable that the police do not believe otherwise no reason not to talk to them. If things get accusatory just stop the conversation and contact an experienced criminal law specialist.
You have the right to remain silent. Only idiots talk to investigators/cops. Remember, no matter what you say it will be twisted around and used against you later.