Should I take legal actions if I have personal injuries as the victim of a hit and run case in Illinois? 4 Answers as of February 15, 2011

Would this case be worth my time? Police were chasing a truck down the street I was driving on and the car hit me. The driver took off, but witnesses could describe the vehicle, and the driver was caught. I want to sue for personal injury damages. I have abrasions on my neck, face and arms

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates | Sheldon J. Aberman
The case would be worth your time, if you have continuing pains for which you seek medical care. However, if you merely have some superficial abrasions, then it is likely not worth your time. Also, provided that you or a member of your household had uninsured motorist coverage at the time of your accident, you may make a claim, even if the identity of the hit and run driver remains unknown.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 2/15/2011
Barry Rabovsky & Associates
Barry Rabovsky & Associates | Barry Rabovsky
You may have a case, based upon the information that you have supplied. We would be happy to provide you with a free consultation if you call my office at either of the numbers listed below. If my office accepts your case, there is no fee charged unless we are able to obtain a settlement for you.

Thank you for your email, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 2/14/2011
Peckar & Abramson, P.C.
Peckar & Abramson, P.C. | David Scriven-Young
It depends on how badly injured you were and the damage to your vehicle. It also depends on whether the hit-and-run driver has any money. If not, it may not be worth it to sue. You should consult an attorney to discuss your rights.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 2/14/2011
Willens Law Offices
Willens Law Offices | Matthew Willens
From your description, it sounds like you have a viable personal injury case. First of all, you should have your abrasions photographed. Second, even if the "wrong-doer" didn't have any applicable insurance, I assume you do? Therefore, you would be able to make an uninsured motorist claim against your own automobile insurance company. Regardless, I would seek a free personal injury consultation from an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible. We would be glad to offer such a free consultation.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 2/14/2011
Click to View More Answers: