Should I take legal action against a driver who hit my parked car during a gang related shooting? 1 Answers as of July 18, 2017

Two weeks ago, I parked my car at a store while I was on break from driving. While inside, gun shots went off. After calling the police and taking a look outside, I realized that my car had been struck by one of the fleeing suspects involved. My car was not totaled; however, it did cause $5400 in damages (I paid my $500 deductible and my insurance paid the rest) as well as caused about $1,000 dollars in lost of revenue as I drive for a living and about $500 dollars in rental fees. Altogether, I am out about $2,000 and am currently waiting on the police to send the report over to my insurance company. Would seeking legal action help me in recovering the couple of grand or is this just a waste of time?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Ofices of Edwin K. Niles | Edwin K. Niles
Your ins. Co. will pursue the other driver to see if he/she has insurance. If so, they will get reimbursed, and you will get the $500 deductible. The O.D.'s insurance (if any) might not cover as they might say it was an intentional act rather than negligence. You should check your policy to see if the rental car is covered. You could consider suing in Small Claims Court.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/18/2017
Click to View More Answers: