Should I sue a restaurant for glass in my food? 1 Answers as of July 30, 2011

I was in a planet hollywood restaurant in NYC last month and I ate glass in my food. Thank God I did not harm myself. The manager apologized and I asked him for a copy of the report that explains my case exactly with a date and time. Then he told me to not pay for the food and he asked me to call him later to get the claim number of the case. Then I called him and he gave the claim number so I can call their department. I called their department and they offered me $200 for this case but I did not make a decision yet. A lot of people told me to sue them because it’s a famous restaurant and that is bad for their reputation so they can pay attention next time to not have the same issue with someone else in their food. Please let me know should I sue them or just accept their offer $200?

Since you did not get hurt the amount of damages you could recover is minimal. Ask for $500.00 and take the money and run.