Should I sue my former boss for telling lies and giving out negative information about me? 1 Answers as of March 17, 2017

I am currently unemployed. I was a contractor at a company A thru a staffing company B. While I was working with my former boss at the end client company A, she wanted a silk fabric to make a skirt. I had a fabric for her shipped from my original country. We somehow got along with each other very well. She got a connection with my family. She made so many promises to convert my country to full time. All of sudden, she turned her back. On the final day, I still did not collect the money for the fabric yet. Also, I did not have a laptop at all. I was waiting and riding buses and trains for two hours and 10 hours to the other state without a laptop or internet access. Recently, my family and I asked my friend who is a potential employer to email her about the fabric. My former boss told lies about me to my friend that I deleted the code after I left. It was not true because as I said above, I did not have a laptop for hours and there is no internet at all. Of course, I lost a job offer. How do I get the fabric back or collect the money and put a stop on her from telling lies about me and harming my job search?

Candiano Law Office
Candiano Law Office | Charles J. Candiano
Persist in an aggressive job search and have an attorney write a cease and desist letter. Assuming that you cannot afford to write a hefty retainer check (and many subsequent checks) for attorney fees with no guarantee of recovery, litigation is probably not an option. Good luck.