Should I sue if I was physically injured by an employee? 2 Answers as of September 19, 2012

I went into a restaurant and when I was leaving I was pushed by an employee from the back that works there and I am physically hurt now. That happened 3 days ago. I am not sure if the employee was on the clock at the time she did that since the restaurant was closing but I did see her working earlier before I walked out. The manager didn't even come up to me to check on me even though he was in the restaurant at that time. What can I do to handle this situation?

The Torkzadeh Law Firm
The Torkzadeh Law Firm | Reza Torkzadeh
It sounds like you certainly may have a claim against not only the individual who pushed you, but possibly the restaurant as well through a vicarious liability theory. The restaurant may also be held responsible. I suggest you immediately speak with an attorney who handles these types of battery cases about what your legal rights might be. Please remember that there are time limits in which you must bring a claim and should you fail do to so, you may forever lose your right to bring a claim.