Should I submit my divorce documents to the National Visa Center? 6 Answers as of December 30, 2010

I recently got married and filed for my wife to come over to the USA. The case now is in the National Visa Center and I am just waiting to submit an affidavit of support, because I have been married before and got divorced. Should I submit my divorce documents to the National Visa Center? I have submitted my divorce documents the first time I submitted form I 130. Thanks.

The previous I-130 petition and supportive documents were submitted to the National Visa Center. Your wife is required to submit a DS-230 application for permanent residency, or is about to come and pick up her K-3 marriage visa, if she has filed that after your I-130 was approved. The divorce documents should have been included in the supporting documents that your wife was to file, showing proof that the marriage you have with her is valid. The NVC may ask for those documents (marriage license & divorce decree) in a request for evidence. But it is not to be included with an I-864, unless there is an order of alimony, spousal support, or especially child support included in the divorce decree, which will affect the level of income needed to establish eligibility (125% of poverty level). If you need additional assistance, call or e-mail to set up an in-person or phone consultation.
441 Legal Group, Inc.
441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
No after you pay the immigrant visa fee and the Affidavit of support fee you will receive instructions as to what to submit.
The NVC, once they receive the approval from the USCIS will send you an email with a link of all the documentation and information they will need from you in order for the process to go forward to the consular stage.
No, you do not need to. National visa center is checking for your financial affidavit and other aspect of your marriage. Unless they ask for, you are not obligated to submit any other evidence.
Law Offices of Daniel Richardson
Law Offices of Daniel Richardson | Daniel R. Richardson
No, those documents will be submitted when there is an application for status, after the affidavit of support.