Should I still pay a discharged debt that a creditor says that I still have to pay? 13 Answers as of December 08, 2016

I had a discharged bankruptcy on 10/18/16. They did not come forward, made no claim and was listed on bankruptcy. My discharge list no claim.

No, in fact for the creditor to even attempt to collect from you is a violation of bankruptcy law. Could make you and an attorney some money by taking legal action.
There are a few classes of debts that are excepted from the discharge. However, if this debt was discharged, you do not have to pay it and can seek sanctions from the bankruptcy court if they attempt to collect it.
Morrin Law Office
Morrin Law Office | Robert A. Morrin
If the subject debt was listed on the bankruptcy then you are not required to pay the amount previously owed prior to your bankruptcy.
Answer Applies to: Kentucky
CARL C SILVER ATTORNEY AT LAW
CARL C SILVER ATTORNEY AT LAW | Carl C Silver
Absolutely not. Send them a copy of your discharge.
No, absolutely not. You should contact your attorney. If a creditor is still trying to collect, that is a discharge violation and you can sue them.
    Eranthe Law Firm
    Eranthe Law Firm | Cate Eranthe
    No. Have your bankruptcy attorney write them a strongly worded letter. They are violating the discharge stay by asking you for the money. Depending on where you are you might be able to go after them in court. Please discuss with a knowledgeable local bankruptcy attorney. Look at your discharge order and the list of creditors who were notified. You could highlight the creditors name and send the order to them. I would make no other response without an attorney.
    DO NOT not pay them. See a lawyer about going after them for violating the discharge injunction.
    No.
    Law Office of Michael Johnson
    Law Office of Michael Johnson | Michael Johnson
    No. Call your attorney.
    Unless it was a nondischargeable debt - say a student loan - listing the creditor in the bankruptcy eliminates your obligation to pay.
    If your case was a 'no-asset' case, then you discharged any debts which you might inadvertently have omitted. Your creditor is violating the injunction of the discharge, which prohibits any effort to collect on a discharged debt. The creditor is mistaken. He probably read and misunderstood a particular sub-paragraph in one section of the BR Code. If he troubles you again, you might tell him that he is liable to be held in contempt of court, and have to pay your lawyer For the cost of bringing him into Court.
    Garner Law Office
    Garner Law Office | Daniel Garner
    Try sending them a copy of your discharge, and if they persist, talk to a bankruptcy lawyer. You can sue a creditor who disregards the court order and collect some money in addition to the attorney fees. But there is also a chance that your debt is not dischargeable, so wait and see what they say.
    Mauritz Van Niekerk, Attorneys at Law
    Mauritz Van Niekerk, Attorneys at Law | Christiaan van Niekerk
    No, you do not have to pay that debt if it was discharged in bankruptcy.