Should I stay away from children until my court date? 6 Answers as of August 09, 2011

Wife has accused me of improperly touching my kids, should I stay away from the wife and kids until our court date in October, so as to protect myself?

Law Office of Patricia Van Haren
Law Office of Patricia Van Haren | Patricia Van Haren
It sounds like very serious allegations are being made against you. If the allegations are be proven to be false, your former wife could lose time with the children. You may wish to have a third party around when you visit with the children in order to protect yourself. You should also take your children to a professional in order to dispute the allegations made against you.
These are serious claims that not only can affect your parenting relationship with the children but could lead to criminal charges. Please contact a skilled family law attorney in your jurisdiction as soon as you can to understand your legal rights.
If you have been Accused of improper touching, you can have visitation with a monitored until you go to court. This is a serious accusation so I don't know that I would recommend that you have unmonitored viziers. You need to protect yourself but there is no reason why you cannot have monitored visitation.
Law Offices of Paul A. Eads, A.P.C.
Law Offices of Paul A. Eads, A.P.C. | Paul A. Eads
Why not have someone accompany you to visitation?
Wallin & Klarich: A Law Corporation
Wallin & Klarich: A Law Corporation | Paul Wallin
You need to retain a lawyer TODAY. IF you are accused of sexual misconduct with your children this can impact you in 3 different courts. The criminal court, where you could be prosecuted, the child dependency court, where your kids could be put in foster care and of course the family law court. Why have you not retained a lawyer yet when such serious allegations have been lodged against you. You should at minimum consult with a lawyer that has years of experience in sexual abuse defense to protect yourself. Go to wksexcrimes.com for more information on how we might help you.