Should I sign a quit claim deed on a house after filing bankruptcy? 8 Answers as of February 05, 2011

I co-own a house with someone and I filed bankruptcy and was awarded a discharge. Should I sign a quit claim deed to other person?

Why? If you did not reaffirm the debt and you do not live at that house then yes. But if you are living at that house then no.
Gus Johnson Attorney at Law
Gus Johnson Attorney at Law | Gus Johnson
You should consult with the attorney who handled you bankruptcy.
Answer Applies to: South Dakota
DiManna Law Office, LLC.
DiManna Law Office, LLC. | Dawn DiManna
You have not provided enough information here, you should consult an attorney as there may be consequences in the Bankruptcy court.
You used the word "should" and you said you received a discharge. If you received a discharge, your case is over. You don't have to do anything, you can if you want to however.
If you already got your discharge in the bankruptcy case then this is not a bankruptcy question. I do not know why you want to quitclaim the property and the details so without additional information it is impossible to respond to your question.
    This is not really a bankruptcy question at this point. If you have a discharge and your case is closed, you are free to do as you wish. The question would be why are you transferring title. That will change your ownership rights to the property.
    The Law Office of Brian Nomi
    The Law Office of Brian Nomi | Brian H. Nomi
    There is no reason to do so that I can see from your question. It may be a good idea to consult with an attorney about this problem, most will offer a free consultation.