Should I sign my non-disclosure before I send to a company or after they sign it and send it back to me? 8 Answers as of April 25, 2014

Mark S. Hubert PC
Mark S. Hubert PC | Mark Hubert
Before - and date it.
Law Office of Kirk Buhler
Law Office of Kirk Buhler | Kirk A Buhler
It does not really matter when you sign the non-disclosure because you will eventually sign the document. I would probably recommend signing the document before you send it as an act of good faith.
Michael M. Ahmadshahi
Michael M. Ahmadshahi | Michael M. Ahmadshahi, Ph.D., Esq.
It doesn't matter, as long as both yours and the company's signatures are on the non-disclosure agreement.
Eminent IP, P.C.
Eminent IP, P.C. | Paul C. Oestreich
It does not matter who signs first. The important aspect is that the non-disclosure agreement (NDA) is executed by both parties. A fully executed NDA provides an action in contract if there is a breach.
Webb IP Law Group
Webb IP Law Group | Jason P Webb
Either way is fine. If the document is coming from you, you will usually sign it after.
    Sign it before you send it to them. Then as soon as they sign it, it goes into effect.
    Banner & Witcoff, Ltd. | Ernie Linek
    Either is acceptable for you. You signing first might make them more likely to sign the document.
    Gerald R. Black, Esq.
    Gerald R. Black, Esq. | Gerald R. Black
    Most companies have their own non-disclosure agreements that they use, and they may not even want to sign your Agreement. If you drafted the Agreement, it is implied that you are agreeable to the terms and will sign it. If you sign the Agreement and send it to them, it makes it difficult for them to change the terms of the Agreement. We strongly recommend that you send them an unsigned draft to initiate the discussions.