Should I pursue a personal injury claim against a chiropractor? 1 Answers as of March 02, 2011

In March 2009 I went to a chiropractor in Traverse City, MI to get an adjustment because my back was feeling a little stiff. About an hour after the adjustment I could not feel the right side of my legs or back. I had severe pain in my sciatic nerve. After two months of not getting better my primary physician ordered a lower back x ray which indicated narrowing of the spine and sent me to physical therapy. We moved to Florida and I continued to have pain. I ended up getting pregnant in March of 2010 so an MRI could not be done but had an MRI after. I have permanent nerve damage to two nerves in my right leg and permanent disk damage to L4 and L5. I was wondering if I should pursue suing the chiropractor since I am only 37 and it sounds like I may have chronic pain in my back. Thanks.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Klisz Law Office, PLLC
Klisz Law Office, PLLC | Timothy J. Klisz
Its possible that you might have a case. It really depends on whether a lawyer can find the right expert witness doctor to opine on whether the Chiropractor committed malpractice. If you would like to discuss further, call me.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 3/2/2011
Click to View More Answers: