Should I plead no contest or guilty to my first operating while impaired? 1 Answers as of January 04, 2011

I was arrested for operating while impaired. I smoked marijuana and was on my prescribed drugs. Should I plead no contest or not guilty?

The Law Offices of Robert A. Levine
The Law Offices of Robert A. Levine | Michael G. Levine
It is very difficult to answer your question without knowing the facts. A no contest plea has the same effect as a guilty plea. However, a no contest plea is not admitting guilt. Basically what you are saying is I do not want to contest it. You will be adjudicated guilty but you have not admitted guilt. If there is a possibility of civil liability (i.e. if there was an accident), a no contest plea would be appropriate. This is for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon or construed as legal advice. I would recommend contacting an attorney.