Should I need to have a business first before applying for an E2 visa? 3 Answers as of January 09, 2014

I wish to apply for e2 visa, do I need to buy business before visa, or I can show the fund available & plan. 2)my spouse was deported 10 years ago, he was on visitor visa. If I apply for b1/b2 or e2, will it effect my visa application?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C.
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C. | David Nabow Soloway
Successfully pursuing an investor visas can be quite complex and challenging. It is not necessary to have already purchased a business in order to go forward, and in fact it is common for people to enter a contract for the purchase of a business that expressly stipulates that the transaction's closing is contingent upon obtaining the necessary visa. A spouse's deportation 10 years ago generally should have no bearing upon an applicant for a nonimmigrant visa, such as an E2 investor visa or a visitor's visa, although if there may be any indication that fraud was involved, that could complicate things. It would be wise to engage an immigration attorney to learn all of the relevant details about you and your prospective investment/business in order to advise you about immigration eligibilities, options and strategies. Some immigration law firms offer legal services on a "flat fee" basis so that a client will know the total expense from the very beginning, and a few immigration law firms offer an initial consultation free of charge.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 1/9/2014
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
You must already have a business and have spent investment funds on behalf of the business before you can apply for an E-2 visa. Merely having the funds in not sufficient.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/9/2014
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal
Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal | Alexander Segal
Your spouse's prior immigration will have little bearing on your petition. You would be best advised to discuss the requirements for an E2 visa with an experienced immigration attorney.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 1/9/2014
Click to View More Answers: