Should I my ex boyfriend attend my hearing for assault charges? How? 3 Answers as of June 30, 2015

I slapped my boyfriend and I am not getting charged with assault. My (now ex) boyfriend and I are on good terms and he wants to do anything he can to help. I have my first court hearing this week, and I will be asking for a court appointed lawyer, but should my ex attend the hearing or is it unnecessary for him to be there?

He should attend.
It doesn't matter. Prosecutors will never drop charges just because the victim has had a change of heart/story. The fact is, in 95% of all DV cases the parties reconcile, and prosecutors are well aware of this. You need to spend some money and hire a "real lawyer." Since your assault qualifies as domestic, the consequences are severe. For example, if convicted you will lose your gun rights for life, have a criminal record, and be forced to attend a long and expensive 52-week DV program.
How does he know about your hearing? ... unless you told him. If there has been issued a no contact order between you and him, you are not to have communication with him as that is a violation of the terms of the protection order. Also it could be viewed as you "tampering with a witness". My advice.... get your attorney and have your attorney contact your ex.