Should I honor my grandma’s wishes on changing her will before her death? 1 Answers as of November 04, 2016

My grandmother changed her will at the hospital and asked me to do it. She was originally leaving everything to her one son, leaving two children out, but decided to have her home split between 13 grandkids and divide a bank account between two of her children, giving $75,000 each.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Minor, Bandonis and Haggerty, P.C.
Minor, Bandonis and Haggerty, P.C. | Brian Haggerty
You will need to submit grandma's will to the court for probate; you'll want a lawyer to assist with this. You should pose this question to your probate lawyer. My answer is that you will need the son's agreement to make the changes you outline, unless grandma wrote out, signed and dated some attempt in writing to change the will.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 11/4/2016
Click to View More Answers: