Should I hire an attorney if my bank is giving me the run around? Posted on May 05, 2011

Recently, I deposited $1,625 into my checking at Chase bank. I made out a check for that amount to the leasing office where we live for last month's rent - the check bounced. The leasing office charged me a $75 late fee, and $35 for the bounced check. I went to the bank and they told me they had made a mistake in misplacing my money in their system and weren't sure where the money was. In the mean time, they wrote me a letter for the leasing office explaining the situation, taking full responsibility for the situation. The leasing office waved the $75 late fee but said Chase bank would have to reimburse me the $35. I went back to the bank and they said they needed the name of the bank the leasing office does their banking with to have the fee for the bounced check reversed. The leasing office declined to give them that information. After going back and forth a few times and getting nowhere, not to mention the stress, I'm beginning to wonder if it's time for me to take them to small claims court or look for an attorney. Just what should I do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: