Should I have let EDD know that I had a freelance job? Posted on June 30, 2011

I have been on 3 different claims with EDD for unemployment over the last 3 years. I also freelanced during that time, but that does not conflict with looking for work. I have listed my main job where I had worked as a teacher part time. My earnings are below the claim rate each week and receive partial EDD weekly payments. They provide only the one line space provided on the claim and put down my teaching job in that space. But did not list my other Freelance client but did claim the earnings. I work 10-12 days out for the year as additional freelance work beyond my teaching job. I have a phone interview in 2 days about the freelance. I was honest and claimed the money. Since it is so seldom and irregular that I do work freelance that I don’t want to make matters worse. I am concerned I wont get benefits at all since I am now laid off from teaching too!