Should I have gotten an immigration status interview date by now? 6 Answers as of January 20, 2011

My I130 for my close family status was approved about a year ago and still have not gotten my interview date. Is this right?

Yes, that would not be unusual but you could contact the office which approved your 1-130 and see what the apparent holdup might be in your case.
Unfortunately, you did not provide enough information to answer your question.

1. Are you in the U.S. or outside the US? A I-130 petition filed for someone in the U.S. does not trigger an USCIS interview. You also have to file for adjustment of status to obtain your interview.

2. Who petitioned you, what is their immigration status, how old are you, what country were you born in and are you married? All of this information is needed to determine what category you fall into for immigration purposes. What category you fall into determines when you can apply for your Green Card.
441 Legal Group, Inc.
441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
It depends who filed it on your behalf and what is their immigration status. Citizen versus Permanent resident makes a huge difference.
You are waiting for visa priority date. If the petition is from brother and sister, the wait time could be years!
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
Did you file the I-485? The I-130 by itself is not sufficient.