Should I get a public defender or hire an attorney regarding my employment termination due to injury? 5 Answers as of June 04, 2015

What are the benefits of a public defender or hiring an attorney, I have lost my job because of a personal injury accident that left me unable to work for 6 weeks and now I have no income. This is my first offense and was wondering if a hired attorney could do more for me than a public defender.

Get a workers compensation lawyer to handle the injury case, since it happened on the job. Get a lawyer who specializes in wrongful termination cases to pursue that case.
The Niskar Law Firm, PLLC
The Niskar Law Firm, PLLC | Joey Niskar
Generally, there is no right to have counsel appointed to represent you in a civil action against your employer. The right to have appointed counsel is generally limited to criminal cases, not civil cases. You should consult with an attorney who not only specializes in handling employment discrimination cases, but one who has a substantial amount of experience handing Family & Medical Leave Act cases.
Gregory M Janks, PC
Gregory M Janks, PC | Gregory M Janks
Your question seems to mix a few different scenarios, without really saying which one happened? Public defenders are only available in criminal matters, not civil. A personal injury is typically a civil matter, unless it happened during some type of fight or similar situation that makes it a criminal matter. If a civil action is available under the facts of your situation, then if you want an attorney, you will hire your own. Without more specific facts, your question can't be answered more specifically. It's probably best for you to consult local counsel that regularly handles the type of incident that occurred for input on what can be done to help you.
Your question is confusing. It sounds like you are discussing a criminal case, but you say employment termination due to injury, which is employment law, where public defenders would not apply. Please clarify so we can help.
I really do not understand your question. It sounds like an insurance issue. As for losing your job, if you cannot work the employer needs to replace you. Your wage loss is part of the damages from the accident, not a cause of action against your employer.